Monday, October 12, 2009

Time for Couples Retreat?


I saw the movie Couples Retreat www.couplesretreatmovie.com over the weekend. Although I found the movie to be a bit silly (and funny), it illustrated the value of a retreat. All four couples disengage from the kids, work, routines, and patterns in their lives and and are left with each other to deal with. With some encouragement and guidance in the form of therapy sessions and an adventure, all four couples were able to reconnect with each other in a significant way. Was it oversimplified and Hollywood unrealistic? Yes, but you would be surprised at the break-throughs and healing I've seen happen with some guidance and time away from the duties and distractions of modern life.

I recommend the movie if you like comedies with a cool message, and I definitely recommend a doing a couples retreat. If you or someone you know is interested in a couples retreat, send me an email at info@michaelhoffman.info. I can help you find one or set one up in your area... or Cabo for the matter. It is getting a bit cold after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment