Friday, September 25, 2009

Connection or Separation

Everything we say or do either creates connection or separation with the people and life around us. The more connection that we allow in our lives- the more happiness, security, and strength we experience.

I have found this not only to be true- but to be an excellent overall guide when making decisions. When considering whether to say or do something, I simply ask myself will doing/saying that create connection or separation with the person/people involved. If the answer is connection- I proceed, if it is separation- I either pass on it or find a way to do it that creates connection. It is when I do not consider this that I tend to create experiences that I regret.

It is also useful in evaluating and learning from past experiences. Did doing/saying that create connection or separation. Next time... I will do more of that, not do that, or approach it differently.

Best wishes connecting with those around you.

1 comment:

  1. a great observation, and very tangibly actionable ... thx for the post!

    ReplyDelete